Friday, February 5, 2016

Scraps Update and Browns

Do you remember when I said my plans are to sew all my little 1.5" squares?  The basket looked like this when I decided to conquer the squares.
And now the basket looks like this.
Now before you get too excited no I haven't sewn all the little squares and I didn't throw the squares in the trash.  I have clipped all the squares together to make the blocks.
  I have sewn over 40 16-patch blocks and I have over 40 blocks yet to be sewn.  
I am pleased with my progress.  The basket has been removed from my sewing room.  Hopefully by the end February all 16-patch blocks will be done.

February brings the color brown for the rainbow color of the month.  I have made some brown  patch star blocks.
I was wondering if little star blocks would go with the patch blocks.  These star blocks are 4.5".  I will continue to make them.
I did a test block for the Amish quilt.  I wanted to make sure my block was the correct size when sewn.   

If you want to see more Browns go to Angela's and be inspired.

24 comments:

  1. I made 16 patches with my 1.5" squares last year too! Unfortunately, I still have plenty left. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on conquering the scrap basket! You've got lots of fun scrappy projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your star patch blocks are wonderful. Congrats on getting rid of that basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many uses for wonder clips. All your blocks look great. You are going to be able to make a lot of neat quilts with your rainbow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some tiny pieces to be working with! Congrats on the progress and the other two sets of lovely little blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some tiny pieces to be working with! Congrats on the progress and the other two sets of lovely little blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your 16 patch stars are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: I have to say, at first when I saw that empty basket, before reading on, I did wonder if you got sick of the little squares and just threw them all away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could empty a basket that fast. I'm happy for you. The blocks will whip up even faster now that they are grouped together. I love your patch Stars. Great job. Enjoy the sewing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of 1.5 inch squares. And that's going to be a lot of 16 patch stars. There's some luscious browns in there. And all stars go together if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray! for an empty basket and more so since you got it OUT of your sewing room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful 16 patch brown star. The 4,5" stars are a great idea to use upa all those small pieces. Great job Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress on those 1.5 inch squares. They will be gone before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Must be wonderful to see order to the scraps and being able to put the basket away. Great job! Lovely stars. I've seen settings with stars in a variety of sizes. I'm sure you'll work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress and such pretty browns you have to work with. A big congrats on taming that basket of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Lots of great scrappy progress!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredible! You are making such beauty from the little bits I just throw away!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great scrappy projects. My favorite kind! ~desertskyquilting

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah to you for making progress with those tiny bits.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I thought my 2 1/4 inch squares were too small. I attempted to just store mine in stacks in pizza boxes. Wish I had taken the time to store them by colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete