Friday, September 25, 2015

More Oranges

My final orange projects for the month.  I was able to make one house block and two nine patch blocks.
Most of the month of September I have been sewing on this orange quilt.  No it is not a fall quilt or a Halloween quilt.   I needed a prayer quilt for a man quickly.  I found these black squares of fabrics and some orange, yellow, gold, and brown fat quarters.  Of course I had to use orange flannel for the backing.


I also finished two I Spy baby quilts.  The first one as I finished the quilt I gave it to a friend for a little one who was in the hospital.  I never got a picture of finished quilt.  I was going to give the quilt to someone else.  Now I am sewing on two more baby quilts.  I need them finished by the end of September.  So I think my orange projects are finished.  I wonder what color is next.  I guess we will have to go over to Angela to see the October color.

I am linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  There are always lots of lovelies to look out.


17 comments:

  1. I like tat you used different blacks in your quilt. I always enjoy seeing your I Spy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the men's quilt - nice fabrics, color and design. I like the charm/star setting for the I Spy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection of fabrics in the man's quilt. I especially like how you've used two black fabrics, and alternated the black squares; a small change, but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour choices for the man's quilt; strong and masculine. Nice baby quilt too. You are really churning them out. Can't believe how quickly you've made them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your orange and black turned out beautifully. It doesn't "read" as a Halloween quilt, which is hard to pull off when you use orange and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An awesome prayer quilt. Why don't you go over to Michelle's Let's Make Baby Quilts and share there, too? It's a darling quilt and am sure the other one was also. Bless you for all the comfort you give.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are ready for a new color. The "man" quilt is beautiful. Perfect masculine colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The man's quilt is beautiful. Perfect colors and prints for a guy. I didn't think of Halloween when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely man quilt...not Halloweenish at all.
    Lovely I Spy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy. Nice orange squares and I really like the manish orange and black quilt, the orange flannel is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a prayer quilt. Do you say a prayer with each block you sew?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute orange house block! I like your fabric and pattern combo for a "man quilt". It looks like it would be great to snuggle up in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made lots of awesome progress! Your orange blocks look great. And your man's quilt is absolutely perfect! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen, I'm so happy to let you know you won the Pumpkin Mug Rug Give away, you can visit my blog She Quilts Today, and send me your address
    (my email is in my about page.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a handsome quilt for a man and a wonderful baby quilt. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karen, I'm Alejandra from She Quilts Today, I can't find your email with you address, can you send me again your address again please.
    jannix_23@hotmail.com

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Karen! Just checking I. To see what you've been up to. Hope everything is okay and you are just too busy to post. XO

    ReplyDelete