Saturday, April 19, 2014

It is a Purple Day

April Scrap Happy color is Purple.  I don't have very many purples in my stash.  I did make one string block.


But I did have the project just waiting to be made.  Four lovely purple fabrics.   They are not bright purple fabrics but am pleased with the results.  I found this supersize shoo-fly tutorial at Sew Mama Sew and gave it a try.  Just one block is 35" square.  I can see some baby quilts in the future with one block.  This was quick, easy, and fun.


This quilt will be a birthday gift for a friend.  I just need to get it quilted.

Happy Easter.
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Those are monstor blocks! And I get nervous handling anything over 6", I can't imagine working this size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are humungus blocks. But look really good. Im sure your friend will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will be fun to quilt those giant shoo fly blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple isn't my favorite color either. I usually just use them in baby girl quilts. I do like the oversized blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you -- your purple blocks done and April isn't even over. That is one big block for sure. A good idea for baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete