Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lots of Bags and a Jelly Roll



Have you every heard of Beads of Courage?  I hadn't until a couple weeks ago.   It is a program that provides Art-in-Medicine for Children with serious illness.  The beads signify strength and courage.  Beads of Courage needs quilters to make bags for the beads.  You can request from them labels to sew on yours bags.  These are the bags I have made.  Some are not completely finished.





They have been quick and easy to make.  Why don't you check out the Beads of Courage website and maybe you will want to donate bags of courage.









I have been working on my Quilting To Do List.  One item on that list is to make 6 jelly roll quilts as Christmas gifts.  Here is #1 - jelly roll quilt using Kathy Schmitz Full Circle.  I still want to add borders.

I hope you will stop over at Sarah's Confession of a Fabric Addict and check out all the quilts that have been made for Hands2Help Charity Challenge this year.  The challenge is wrapping up for this year but there are 63 awesome quilts that will either go to the NOLA Project or Happy Chemo.

Hope you are have a sewing day.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Karen, I am so happy to hear about the Beads of Courage. I am unable to participate until Fall...got a wedding(daughter) in 6 weeks and then a trip to Africa that I am making baby quilts to give....but I love the idea of the beads and want to make some bags : ) Thank you for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen, thanks for the information on Beads of Courage - it's a perfect summer vacation project for me and my daughter (and any friends we can rope in!)

    ReplyDelete