Last week at work our computers didn't work for TWO whole days. I didn't realize just how much I use my computer at work. Needless to say I am way behind in my work. Do you think maybe we can start school a few days later this year? Probably not! The great news is my sewing machine is working fine.
I have been on this mission to finish my 3rd quarter finish-a-long projects. Here is an update on my list.
#2. 50th Wedding gift. Only needs a label. Don't you love the colors?
Thursday, July 19, 2012
I knew I needed to get these table runners made. A friend said I could use her serger. I decided I couldn't put this task off any longer. On day one as I am sewing I realized this is not difficult. Then I become obsessed to get the runners done. It took me three days and a couple of hours of sewing each day to complete them.
SUCCESS!!! 32 Table runners finished.
It looks like no mission is impossible if I just continue to stay on task.
Friday, July 13, 2012
I finally have time to list my third quarter finish-a-long list. I didn't do very well on second quarter finishes and I think have a more realistic third quarter list.
I have added a couple of projects from the second quarter that didn't get completed.
- Wedding table runners. One compete many more to sew.
2. Pink and brown quilt. My target day for this to be complete is in August.
3. Rag quilt. It need the blocks sewn together and the rows sewn together.
4. This quilt needs quilted, binding sewn on, and hand stitching.
5. Two jelly roll quilts that need borders on. I still have four more jelly roll quilts I want to make. I plan to have these two complete before fourth quarter.
6. Charms square quilt. I have 71 blocks sewn now I need to sew them together to make a tablecloth.
I plan to complete these projects even though my job will soon get very demanding and time consuming. I hope I can add more projects to my list.
I will be linking up with Rhonda over at Quilter in the Gap. Thanks Rhonda for the motivation I need to complete my projects.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
I want to to thank everyone who left a comments about Amanda's pattern "Don't Touch Me". The winner of the pattern and fat quarters:
I can't get the random number generator to show the results of lucky number 7.
I didn't do very well on my 2012 Second Quarter Finish A Long. I only finished my H2H quilt.
I will have to work harder on my 3rd quarter finishes instead of getting sidetrack and sewing something else.